Image Converter for Visio
PNG2VSS is a “Swiss knife” for conversion graphics to MS Visio stencils. You can import a lot of images by single click!
The latest version can import:
- Raster images (png, bmp, dib, gif, jpg, jpeg, jpe, jfif, tif, tiff);
- Vector images and metafiles (emf, wmf, emz, wmz, svg, svgz);
- Visio drawings (vsd, vst, vdx, vtx);
- CAD drawings (dwg, dxf);
- Adobe Photoshop images (psd);
- Adobe Illustrator files (ai);
- PostScript files (ps, eps);
- CorelDraw files (cdr).
But it’s not all, it also can:
- Add connection points to shapes;
- Create transparent backgrounds for raster images;
- Crop raster images;
- Convert raster images to grayscale;
- Re-size or scale images without degradation of original quality;
- Add custom properties to shapes and fill them in with default values;
- Save and load sets of custom properties to/from file;
- Add prompts to shapes;
- Create 1-dimensional shapes;
- Add metadata to stencils;
- Save conversion settings;
- Process images automatically with command line options;
- Visio drawings can be converted to flat vector graphics;
- Vectorize raster images.
Requirements: MS Visio 2003-2012, NET Framework 4.0, MS Office 2010 Interop Assemblies.
Ensure that assemblies are installed before use:
1) Start Visio installation, do not reinstall it, just check off “.NET Programmability Support”.
2) Or: download Microsoft Office 2010: Primary Interop Assemblies Redistributable. This way also works if you still use Visio 2003 or 2007.
The latest version is 5.0. The utility is portable, installation is not required, just download and expand to some folder on your drive.
Every donation makes this utility a little bit better